Our client is recruiting an Assistant Civil Structures Engineer to join their Bridges Team in Bishops Stortford. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the design of new bridges and structures, as well as the inspection, assessment and remedial of existing bridges within both the rail and highway environment. As an Assistant Engineer, you will be involved in assisting in the technical delivery and project management of a range of projects.
- Inspection and assessment of bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures
- Undertaking concept design, feasibility studies and preliminary design
- Design delivery of new structures or strengthening schemes
- Providing input and coordination into the production of specification and drawings
- Producing technical reports
What you need to succeed
- Relevant HNC or Degree
- Graduate Member of the ICE or IStructE
- 2 years minimum post graduate experience
- Proven Experience of inspection, assessment and design of various structures
- Experience of Eurocodes, DMRB and Network Rail Standards
- Experience of delivering projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Preferred – Experience of structural analysis software such as Midas, Superstress and LUSAS.