We are looking to recruit an Assistant Transport Planner to join and strengthen our growing Transport Planning team in Theale.
• Working on a broad range of transport planning projects, such as the development and design of active travel and public transport schemes, and strategic transport projects
• Developing your skills in a variety of transport planning disciplines, included but not limited to, microsimulation modelling, junction assessments, feasibility studies, and transport assessments and statements.
• Contributing to client proposals in terms of technical methodologies efficiently collaborating with your team
• Working in Theale on transport projects that can shape the transport network of the future.
What you need to succeed…
• Experience in contributing to a variety of transport planning projects.
• Interest in transport data analysis and presentation, as well as transportation software including TRICS or TEMPro and junction modelling programmes (ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig).
• Interest in the application and/or interpretation of a range of strategic, local and microsimulation transport modelling tools, such as SATURN and Paramics Discovery.
• Awareness of local and regional policy context, and knowledge in the application of relevant national guidance.
• Desire to gain experience in project management responsibilities, including day-to-day operations.
• A strong ability to work well within a team environment and independently and deliver on deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and clear written communication skills for a variety of audiences