An exceptional opportunity has arisen with one of the UK’s most prestigious design consultancies.
You’ll be working alongside a host of talented people ranging from our early career professionals to established engineers and project managers working across the highways business to improve the local and strategic road networks.
Working in partnership with National Highways and Local Authority clients across the region you could find yourself immersed in a diverse range of projects including active travel, digital design (including 3D modelling), strategic network improvements, major and minor maintenance, alignment, road safety as well as public realm.
The role will offer an interesting and varied workload – from major strategic highways projects such as Smart Motorways through to a diverse range of small and medium local authority highways infrastructure improvement schemes.
- Manage projects to ensure coordination of multi-disciplinary inputs.
- Lead and mentor your team comprised of engineers, technicians and apprentices.
- Use your knowledge and skills to collaborate with multiple disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients.
- Manage resources effectively and efficiently to meet fluctuating workloads.
- Support staff with their career development and be responsible for undertaking regular PDRs.
- Work with Clients and design teams to deliver compliant designs on time and within budget meeting CDM, QA and technical review requirements.
- Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost-effective solutions to the agreed programme; support those less experienced within the team by technical review, mentoring and advice.
- Participate in tender/bids, business development and Key Client Management roles within your region.
- Develop relationships with other teams within the company to utilise additional resources required.
- Agree fees and managing all commercial aspects on projects.
What you need to succeed:
- Attained IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Project management and technical delivery lead of medium to high complexity Highway schemes.
- Experience in managing design and build projects.