Our client a well known, award winning multi-disciplinary design engineering consultancy who provide engineering services across a range of sectors including civil, structural, transportation, geo-technicial and environmental.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to take the next step in their career as an Associate Civil Engineer with our client in Central London.
The focus of the infrastructure team are projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development, but also supporting our other teams across the UK to deliver a wide variety of projects.
They serve both private and public sector clients in sectors including residential, commercial, industrial, retail, leisure, education and healthcare.
If you are an experienced Civil Engineer looking for an exciting challenge, then this position could be the perfect role for you.
Key role responsibilities:
- Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines / offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing.
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver S38 / S104 / S106 / S278 type infrastructure scheme designs.
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects.
- The mentoring and supervision of civil engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Key skills, experience and attributes required:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or working towards, and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or similar.
- Competent in infrastructure scheme designs.
- Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC, Highway Authority and Sewerage Undertaker adoption standards and approval processes.
- Proficient user of AutoCAD.
- Able to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals.
- Proficient in the use of infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D + Vehicle Swept Path, Causeway PDS and Micro Drainage.
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within a team and able work under own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.