Ambitious to lead a team? Are you an experienced Civil Engineer, thrive in being “hands-on” but eager for that opportunity to develop others and take the next step in your progression as an Associate Civil Engineer?
We are working with a respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, to identify an Associate Civil Engineer who can take a senior role in their Cardiff-based Civil Engineering team. The business is currently thriving, with a healthy order book and the appetite to appoint a talented Civil Engineer who can help the company continue their growth.
They are looking for an established Civil Engineer with a strong infrastructure background who can demonstrate experience in delivering highways and drainage projects in the residential, education commercial, industrial, health and retail sectors.
You will be experienced at running projects, managing and mentoring teams, whilst also being adept at leading client relations.
What you need to succeed:
- Eight years’ design experience as a Civil Engineer.
- Expert experience with design and delivery of drainage and development infrastructure projects.
- Experienced at managing and developing client relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106, for drainage.
- Proficient with MicroDrainage and/or Civil 3D.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations.
- Contract management.
- Report writing.
- Site surveys.
- MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Ideally Chartered (or working towards) with the ICE.