Ambitious to lead a team? Are you an experienced Civil Engineer, thrive in being “hands-on” but eager for that opportunity to develop others and take the next step in your progression as an Associate Civil Engineer?
We are working with a respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, with several offices across the country, to identify an Associate Civil Engineer who can lead and grow the civil team in their Gloucestershire office.
They are looking for an established Civil Engineer with a strong infrastructure background who can demonstrate experience in delivering highways and drainage projects in the residential, commercial, industrial, health and retail sectors.
In addition to being one of the first people in this team, and taking ownership for growing it, you will also need to display business development acumen to reaffirm you are the person to drive this business forward.
Job Requirements/ Experience
• Eight years’ experience within a UK Civil Engineering design consultancy.
• Expert experience with design and delivery of drainage and highways projects.
• Producing infrastructure design calculations, drawings & specifications
• Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways
• Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage
• Proficient with MicroDrainage and/or Civil 3D
• Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal
• Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations
• Contract management
• Report writing
• Site surveys
• MEng or BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
• Ideally Chartered with the ICE