Our client is an innovative multidisciplinary engineering practice with offices in London and the Midlands. It prides itself on its close collaboration with architects to achieve intelligent, innovative structures and its large portfolio spanning from all sectors.
• Where required, assist the directors in the management of the company.
• Undertake recruitment where required.
• Liaise, collaborate, and coordinate with other project team members.
• Attend meetings and represent the organisation externally.
• When required, lead company meetings.
• Responsible for monitoring and reporting on project profitability
• Responsible for agreeing additional fees for variations and additional scope.
• Responsible for project billing
• Responsible for chasing debtors and ensuring bad debts are resolved.
• Approve Purchase Orders
• Responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships.
• Responsible for ensuring the projects are delivered in line with company procedures.
• Review and agree project strategy (programme, fees, technical delivery, resourcing) with project lead.
• Provide technical support to projects in terms of reviews or facilitating Director or specialist input.
• Stand in for Project Lead when appropriate (sick, on leave, training courses etc)
• If it arises, support the directors in managing and resolving claims when they arise, advise on changes in company policy and procedure to avoid future incidents.
• Responsible for the delivery of the project within the allocated budgets, programme, and client’s expectations.
The Technical Support:
• Oversee the production of project deliverables across several projects.
• Undertake the checking and reviewing of engineering designs and deliverables.
• Guide the team to produce viable technical solutions, within the scope of a design brief.
• Provide technical expertise to junior members of staff of complex technical challenges.
• Advise the client and team on construction techniques and solutions.
• Advise the team and client on relevant environmental and sustainability issues and legislation.
• Advise on relevant statutory legislation.
• Advise on project procurement routes.
• Advise on relevant construction and contract law where required.
• Carrying out site visits and surveys