My client, high profile design consultancy based in Hammersmith, requires an Associate Director to run the Structural Engineering team on a permanent basis.
Work will be on Basement Design, Temporary Works, Loft Conversions, and high end internal re fits.
This will be mainly on the high end Residential Refurb, and new build Care Homes.
As more commercial work comes up to the office project experience will grow, it is a really varied daily work cycle.
The company is now looking to expand on its project type with more commercial projects.
This has seen them move into working on Schools, Care Homes, large and small residential works, and work on multi level apartments.
Working on such projects, and to represent the company with clients, the Candidate must be well presented, and have excellent communication skill
We are looking for that Senior person who wants to take on responsibility on Projects, for staff, for new business. A candidate who really wants to help drive this business forward.
- Structural design works schemes for varied projects within a commercial and residential environment.
- Ensuring all designs adhere to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and Company policies.
- Apply engineering knowledge to analyse the structural integrity of permanent and temporary works structures.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Collect and assess site information, liaise with clients, and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings with the architect and contractor.
- Contribute to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost-effective strategies and design solutions.
- Structural Design for proposed commercial or residential buildings
- Basement Design (from wine cellars to swimming pools)
- Temporary Works Design
- High End Housing for Private Individuals – Refurbishments
What you need to succeed
- ISTRUCTE CEng Status
- 8 years design exp
- experience of running / growing a team
- a desire to mentor
- experience of being able to attract new business (bringing contacts would be an extra bonus)
- Desire to have strong input into the running of the office/business