Our client is an award-winning design consultancy currently recruiting for a drainage and flood risk engineer at Associate/Associate Director level to head their Land Development, Transport & Highways and Structures Team in their Exeter office.
The team works on a diverse portfolio of projects incorporating flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure elements for a broad range of predominantly private sector clients.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Suitable science or civil engineering degree
- Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new residential and commercial developments
- A good understanding of the requirements of the local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
- Preparation of Flood Risk Reports and Drainage Strategies to support emerging masterplans and planning applications
- Development of detailed design proposals to support the implementation of a SuDS strategy
- Able to complete drainage design (using AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage
- Experience in preparing and submitting S104 Applications and providing drainage design support for S106 and S278 designs