We are currently looking for a well experienced Engineer looking to step into an Associate Director position within a valued and growing team. The key elements of the role are to lead highways and infrastructure design projects, supported by our growing team of engineers, represent the company as a technical expert, contribute strongly to winning work and delivering projects safely, efficiently and effectively. The role offers hybrid working with 2-3 days office based.
We are seeking an individual who has a sound technical background and shares our enthusiasm and determination to deliver successful projects. The candidate will take a leadership role within an existing team already delivering a varied program of highway and transportation schemes for a wide range of public and private sector clients across both the local and strategic highway networks.
You will be responsible for projects, delivery, budgets, resourcing, planning and programming whilst also reviewing quality and leading the preparation of technical outputs, coordinating with other disciplines and represent the business internally and externally.
You will also be required to play a key role in the leadership and development of team, projects, clients and business performance whilst also leading projects.
• Private Healthcare
• Workplace Pension
• Training and Development
• Performance related bonus
Values and responsibilities…
• Actively contribute to work winning activities and project pipeline
• Identify, develop and maintain relationships with main client contacts.
• Ensure successful project delivery to time, cost, quality and other contractual requirements.
• Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
• Liaise with architects, clients and other professionals whilst carrying out duties and always represent the practice in a professional and courteous way.
• Delegate to, manage, and direct Engineers and Technicians involved on projects.
• Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against specifications, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary.
• Develop and supervise junior Engineers in the team
• Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
What you need to succeed…
• Chartered member of the ICE/CIHT
• Extensive knowledge and experience of delivering highway & drainage design; S278/38 Approval process and Water Authority Sections 104, 116 and 185 agreements.
• Experience of highway technical design on major and minor projects including a good understanding of design principles and the ability to practically apply them, knowledge of standard engineering practices and a demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety including CDM
• Must be IT literate with excellent knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil3D and Microdrainage or similar and other civil engineering packages to design and detail highway and drainage infrastructure and other civil engineering requirements on residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
• Knowledge of DMRB, MCHW, MfS, TSM, LA guides, etc and their applications
• A wide range of experience including working with housing developers is preferable
• Excellent written skills along with the preparation of technical reports and fee proposals