A multi disciplinary design consultancy are looking to recruit an Associate (or Senior) Flood Risk Engineer to join their team and take a senior lead on all Flood Risk matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate individual; not only to share your engineering expertise but also to lead and develop their Flood Risk and Hydrology team, to deliver a first-class service to a variety of clients.
The focus of the Flood Risk and Hydrology team is to undertake flood risk assessments, flood modelling and the preparation of drainage strategies supported by our in-house infrastructure design team.
If you are an experienced Flood Risk professional looking for an exciting challenge then this position could be the perfect role for you!
- Management and strategic development of the Flood Risk team
- On-site investigations, such as walkovers and infiltration testing
- Hydrological analysis and calculations
- Production and checking of technical reports
- Project management
- Environmental Impact assessment, expert evidence, inquiries, and hearings
- Client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing
- Working collaboratively with engineers, technicians, and other disciplines to deliver quality, evidence led report
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities
- The recruitment, mentoring and supervision of Flood Risk apprentices, technicians, and engineers
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum qualification of a degree
- Professional member of The Institution of Civil Engineers, CIWEM or similar
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice
- Writing of flood risk reports, development of drainage strategies, river/flood modelling
- Use various computer software programs which will include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access), Micro Drainage, and a working knowledge of flood modelling software such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow or Floodmodeller
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software
- Excellent written skills, particularly report writing and client liaison
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to present information in detail to senior management team and staff