The successful candidate will lead the Traffic and Transport team, develop client relationships and support the delivery of a wide range of projects.
You will oversee schemes from inception through to completion and be responsible for providing technical input into projects, working with a team of experienced transport planners.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy with the opportunity to progress within the company.
As well as providing an effective and efficient service to clients, you will be responsible for managing the department on a day to day basis.
You will also be expected to contribute to Group activities by actively marketing the services of the company and seeking new business opportunities from new and existing clients. The postholder will have a keen desire to drive the business forward and implement the changes which are necessary for the continued growth and success of the company
• Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief
• Extensive experience of preparing and man the management of Transport Assessments
• Extensive experience working for private clients
• Extensive experience in preparing fee proposals
• Management and mentoring of junior team members, including workload
• Business development
• Project meetings and site visits
• Develop new and existing client relationships
• Carry out traffic modelling using appropriate software packages
• Preparation of outline highway design drawings
• Manage and oversee the work of support staff
• Represent the company at meetings with clients, approving authorities and at planning appeals
• To work as part of a team delivering high quality transport planning, modelling and technical reports and (where necessary) engineering designs/drawings
What you need to succeed:
• Degree in applicable subject
• Chartered Membership of ICE, CIHT, CMILT or similar society/professional body
• Must have experience in Transport Planning working to UK standards
• Good levels of numeracy, including a good understanding of spreadsheets.
• Use of AutoCAD
• Preliminary design of junction design, signal design and mitigation schemes
• Use of ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG
• Understanding of Microsimulation and Strategic Modelling Outputs
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Articulate and numerate
• Self-motivated and ability to manage own workload
• Be approachable and professional when dealing with colleagues and external clients
This vacancy is open to either those with experience working as an Associate Transport Planner, or perhaps someone who is currently working as a Principal level Transport Planner, but feels they are ready to take that step up (and who perhaps feels that the opportunity to do so isn’t likely to be offered where they currently are)