Our client is a very well known, multi-disciplinary engineering design consultancy with an excellent reputation who work on very high profile projects.
The Civil Engineering team in London provide engineering services on projects within London and internationally, ranging from high quality public realm supporting office developments to large scale infrastructure projects and citywide masterplans.
Within this temporary role you will contribute to the design and preparation of deliverables associated with one of our key infrastructure projects in London.
You will be expected to contribute to engineering designs and prepare technical drawings, contribute to and draft reports and specifications on projects you’ll be involved in.
- Build good working relationships with the Civil Engineering team and those who we commonly work with within other company disciplines.
- Actively participate in technical discussions with team members.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work, undertake checks and contribute to project technical reviews.
- Communicate confidently and be comfortable tailoring your approach to respond to the recipient’s needs and achieve the required outcome.
What you need to succeed
- Demonstrate a sound technical base with experience in all or most of the following:
- Highway and public realm design. Knowledge of home zones and creating pedestrian friendly environments.
- Pavement design, both asphalt-based solutions as well as concrete and natural stone paver solutions for both pedestrian and vehicular trafficked areas.
- Drainage design and flood risk assessment
- Utilities supplies and network coordination. Liaison with statutory undertakers and an understanding of their requirements.
- Demonstrate experience of supporting construction phases of projects and responding to site queries, RFIs, etc;
- Experience of working closely with others in a team environment;
- Experience of working on major multidisciplinary project(s);
- Confident and capable in coordinating and communicating with other disciplines and specialists.
- Minimum of 5-years relevant experience;
- Be able to work from our London office for a minimum of three days per week (once office capacity allows).