Our client is seeking to recruit experienced Civil Engineers to build their team across their 3 offices in London, Henley on Thames and Gloucester. They offer excellent career prospects, the opportunity to be part of a lively team with a breadth of experience in a dynamic business.
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals
- Site audits and feasibility assessments
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships
- Support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing
What you need to Succeed:
- Relevant degree plus 5+ years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems using MicroDrainage
- Experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack
- Experience using ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.
- Experience of negotiations with highway authorities, drainage authorities and Environment Agency
- Knowledge of national guidance such as Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Manual for Streets, Sewers for Adoption, Building Regulations, etc.
- Effective project and client management skills together with a high standard of written and oral communication
- Positive approach who enjoys generating and applying creative solutions to project challenges
- Sound commercial awareness is vital
What’s on offer:
- Competitive starting salary with regular salary reviews to reflect your development
- Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used
- Annual Bonus (based on company / personal performance)
- Assistance with ICE / IStructE Professional Development to Chartership level