The infrastructure team currently provides support to the wider company in the delivery of highways and drainage designs elements for projects with varying scope in complexity and value, from small domestic projects to multi-million-pound construction contracts.
Benefits for you:
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays.
• Option to purchase up to 5 additional days’ holiday per year + your Birthday
• Company bonus scheme
• Matched Pension scheme
• Private Healthcare scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Electric Car Scheme
The candidate will be encouraged and supported to progress their career. They will have the opportunity to develop and implement their technical and management skills, and the commitment shown in achieving the company’s goals will be appreciated and rewarded accordingly.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
• The preparation of detailed designs for adoptable Highways, typically Section 38 and 278 using Civil3D and AutoCAD.
• The detailed design of adoptable drainage networks to Section 104 and Section 185 of the water Industry Act 1991, using WinDes or Causeway Flow software.
• The detailed design of private drainage networks using WinDes or Causeway Flow software.
• The preparation of drainage designs to suit SuDS and SAB requirements.
• Prepare layouts in AutoCAD and with the support of technicians.
• Preparation of FRAs, Catchment Assessments, and Drainage Strategies.
• Preparing calculations for rail projects such flumes and culvert sizes, crest drains and track drainage.
• Pre-planning advice and documentation to support planning applications.
To be considered for this design role we require the following experience, qualifications, skills, knowledge and attributes:
• A relevant Civil Engineering degree.
• GMICE but nearing Incorporated/Chartered status (MICE), or Incorporated/Chartered Status (MICE).
• Significant post graduate experience.
• Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Full UK driving licence and own transport.