Our Client is an exciting, dynamic and innovative Client-focussed Civil & Structural Design Consultancy based in Leeds. They work on a mix of residential, commercial and industrial projects and are seeking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join their expanding business.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing Engineering Consultancy. The successful applicant will join a friendly and supportive team, with a competitive starting salary, pension contribution, annual pay reviews, flexible working arrangements and an annual discretionary bonus. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 3-5 years post-graduate experience and be an ambitious, technically able Civil Engineer with an ability to work with Clients and colleagues in a flexible manner with a collaborative approach.
You must be a proactive team player as well as being able to work independently, with a strong attention to detail, excellent effective oral and written communication skills, as well as being able to both compile and check work items, in conjunction with being able to prioritise a varied workload to achieve deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience:
You must hold a degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and be working towards Chartered (or Incorporated) Engineer status with a relevant professional organisation.
• Broad experience and proven ability in the production of civil engineering drawings and supporting information associated with S278, S38, S104 and S106 Agreements, primarily for new developments.
• Highways design ability in conjunction with a good understanding of the processes associated with the adoption of on-site works under a S38 and off-site improvement works under a S278 Agreement. Sound knowledge and understanding associated with all facets of road, earthworks and pavement design.
• Ability to prepare levels strategies for development sites incorporating relevant constraints.
• Below ground drainage design and detailing of surface and foul water networks. Experience in the creation of drainage strategies, drawings, sections and details in conjunction with a sound understanding of flood risk issues, SuDs features and ability to incorporate respective SuDs features into proposed development schemes.
• Prepare and manage technical resources including drawings, calculations, estimates and reports in accordance with industry standards (from conception through to detailed design and technical approval).
• Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro Drainage and the Microsoft Office suite.
• Planning and statutory approvals are an essential part of the role, so experience of the respective processes is essential.
• Strong communication skills and proven ability to multitask. Ability to clearly communicate with Clients and colleagues at all levels and manage/delegate resources to compile deliverables on time and on budget.