Our client is a well-known multi-disciplinary design consultancy, who are passionate about solving civil & structural engineering problems in the most economic, practical and environmentally sensitive way. Due to the expansion of their Civils team, they are now recruiting for an Engineer or Technician. This is a new, exciting position based in Worcester.
They believe business is about people and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction giving great service provides. With their focus on customer service, they value long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with their clients and fellow professionals, above short-term gain.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working within the infrastructure civils or highways environment.
- Have demonstrable experience using Micro-drainage in designing drainage networks for S278 and S38 Highway Alignments, housing developments, commercial buildings etc.
- Be proficient in the use of Civils 3D to perform modelling tasks without necessarily having advanced Highways/Roads Geometric Modelling knowledge, although possession of such would be advantageous.
- Be competent in AutoCAD and production of scaled drawings.
- An excellent Team Player.
- Be a good problem solver.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Receiving proposed masterplans and using available data to create drainage networks to suit.
- Modelling the drainage networks in Micro-drainage and transferring the simulated networks to CAD and finishing off drawings
- Developing Chamber & Pipe Schedules as necessary.
- Developing packages of SuDS-based drainage drawings supported with design reports.
- Receiving instructions from Senior Engineer on Geometric Parameters and Standards to be used for each project, and using the information to model roads/car parks/ponds etc in accordance to the set standards.
- Exporting 2D and 3D information/CAD Xrefs from the models for inclusion in drawings.
- Developing a set of drawings for a project by providing essential 3D Cad Xrefs
- Producing Setting Out Drawings and Setting Out Report based on developed 3D model.
- Working with the Civils Team to perform Earthworks Balance exercises and production of final Earthworks Report.
- Production of Earthworks Drawings to provide instruction to the contractor on how to carry out earthworks on site.
- Additional responsibilities may include attending design and site meetings with fellow Engineers or Senior Technicians as required.
In return they can offer you the opportunity to work on challenging and exciting projects throughout the UK, a great working environment, working with a successful and growing team to produce innovative, value added projects for a range of client types.