Our client is a well known multi disciplinary design consultancy that specialises in delivering smart solutions for the toughest challenges. Their expertise spans more than 10,000 employees, in more than 200 locations around the world. They combine technical resources with flexibility to complete even the most complex and extensive projects.
Specializing in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While they are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, they provide much more than that. They create an unshakable foundation for progress because their multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is their greatest strength.
- Design and supervise projects designated by your Group Leader.
- Carry out detailed design and calculations in accordance with British Standards.
- Assist and prepare designs, specifications, reports and drawings to the design programme.
- Oversee and direct both CAD and junior engineers as required.
- Attend meetings and attend site to review/monitor works and to undertake surveys as required to progress the projects.
- Work as a key member of a design team in preparation of the following elements of roadway and highway design using local regulations: horizontal and vertical alignment, intersection layout and sight distance determination, interchange layout, roadway drainage, and right-of-way plans
- Work with a team as a task leader in the preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for projects of various sizes and complexity
- Produce some of the following plans: Roadway Sections, Alignment/Right of Way Plans, Temporary Erosion Control Plans, Site Preparation Plans, Roadway Profiles, Drainage Plans and Profiles, Utility Plans, Paving, Pavement Marking Plans, Signing Plans, and Traffic Control Plans
- Liaise with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings.
- Maintain regular ‘in house’ design reviews and checks.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies i.e. Highways Authority, TfL etc.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Implement Company Health and Safety.
- Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Implement and assist in managing QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Continuous adoption of all Civil engineering rules and regulations, endeavouring to ensure protection of the Companies reputation and Professional Indemnity at all times.
What you need to succeed
- Highway design experience including Section 278 and Section 38 process.
- Excellent knowledge on national, regional and local rules and regulations on highway design.
- Experience of writing detailed flood risk assessment and drainage strategy will be an advantage.
- Working knowledge on Civil 3D.
- Knowledge on hydraulic modelling softwares i.e. MicroDrainage, Causeway Flow etc. will be an advantage
- Presentation, writing and communication skills.
- Experience on Section 106 and Section 104 processes.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Ongoing pursuit of Chartered status and business qualifications where applicable.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.