We are currently working with a global multidisciplinary design consultancy who are expending their infrastructure team within the Bristol office. They are looking to recruit a driven civil technician within the Southwest area to join the growing team. While working with a fantastic team, you’ll receive the following benefits:
• Work life balance – flexible / hybrid working
• Health and well being programme
• Health care plan
• Performance reviews regularly
• Development Plans
• Chartership support
• & More
The role will involve:
• To work in both supervised and unsupervised environments, ensuring that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets.
• To ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s IMS, and current H&S legislation requirements.
• Be able to work in close collaboration with team members and other disciplines and have an appreciation of their role.
• Work with other technicians and engineers to produce accurate drawings.
• Where necessary be capable of working on your own initiative, with appropriate supervision.
Typical duties may include:
• Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD to aid the production of drawings.
• Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
• Excellent report writing skills in English.
• Have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel.
• Have appropriate experience in the design of development infrastructure projects.
• Have a strong understanding of civil engineering design principles.
• (MCDHW) or other design standards relevant to development infrastructure design.
• Knowledge/experience of design software packages such as Civils 3D – Micro drainage, KeySign/Post, and Auto track) associated with development infrastructure design.
• Knowledge/Experience using and creating 3D models for use in BIM desirable but not essential.
• A good understanding of the CDM Regulations