We are currently looking to recruit a Civil Technician to join a well-established multi-disciplinary design consultancy based in Cardiff, to assist with their pipeline of infrastructure design work.
Perhaps you are looking to escape the corporate grind? Or looking to progress from a smaller office whilst still maintaining the tight-knit feeling and culture that a collaborative business brings?
The client delivers across sectors encompassing residential, commercial, education and industrial developments amongst others. They are looking for a Cardiff-based Civil Technician experienced at working with infrastructure, highways and drainage.
You will also be adept with one of MicroDrainage, Civil 3D or PDS and have the ability to take the lead on drawings following initial engineer briefing.
Additionally, you will be well-versed in the preparation of notes and specifications sufficient for technical approvals and construction, ideally with experience of section 38/278 highway schemes and section 104/106 drainage schemes.
Working closely with the Engineers, on a day to day basis you will be involved in preparing indicative drainage schemes, investigating SUDS options, liaising with clients, architects etc. undertaking the production of external works, drainage and highways construction design drawings, calculations and specifications for civil engineering schemes and preparing specifications in DMRB and NBS for highway works.
In return, our client offer the chance to work as part of a close-knit team within a business that is growing, so please call or apply today.
• Experienced in – and able to prepare – designs for infrastructure and highway schemes with related drainage.
• Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways.
• Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage.
• Proficient with MicroDrainage, Civil 3D and/or PDS.
• Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
• Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations.
• HND/HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) as a minimum.