Are you a Civil Technician looking for a new opportunity in Cardiff? Do you want to join a well-established multi-disciplinary design consultancy to assist with their pipeline of infrastructure design work? Perhaps you are looking to escape the corporate grind? Or progressing from a smaller office?
We are looking for a Civil Technician with experience of section 38/278 highway schemes and section 104/106 drainage schemes. As an accomplished Civil Technician, you will take pride in your work and have the confidence to challenge the Engineer’s brief to ensure you are delivering accurate drawings. You will be adept with one of MicroDrainage, Civil 3D or PDS and have the ability to take the lead on drawings following initial engineer briefing.
- Experienced in – and able to prepare – designs for infrastructure and highway schemes.
- Preparing drainage schemes, including SuDS.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage.
- Proficient with MicroDrainage, Civil 3D and/or PDS.
- Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Strong understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations.
- HND/HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
About the Client
The client works on both private and public sector projects delivering across sectors including residential, commercial, education and industrial developments. They are looking for a Cardiff-based Civil Technician to join their ambitious team, where they blend ambition with a tight-knit and collaborative culture.