Our client is a well-known multi-disciplinary design consultancy who provides civil and
structural engineering services on residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment.
This includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects.
Working within a team of Engineers the CAD/Civil 3D Technician is expected to
provide support on a range of projects and is primarily responsible for producing
detailed designs and drawings using AutoCAD & Civil 3D.
The successful candidate will expand the range of services that we can offer within the
Civil Engineering division.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce drawing and design information at various stages of a project from the
preliminary stages to tender and the construction stage.
- Co-ordinate information with the relevant third party (i.e., architects, mechanical
engineers, surveyors, members of the design team).
- To support the existing Civil Engineering team and assist with our continued
- Communicate throughout the stages of a project with Engineers and the team
leader when required.
- Attend meetings and site visits on occasions when necessary.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be expected.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A proficient user of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software
- Infrastructure engineering design experience including primarily utilities,
highways, drainage and ground modelling.
- HNC/HND or relevant qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Self-motivating and proactive, driving our expansion of existing areas and maximise new opportunities within the Civil Engineering team.
- A capable all-rounder with multidisciplinary experience within a well-established similar
consultancy is preferable.
- Previous experience with preparation of accurate coordinated detailed design
drawings and details is essential.
- Demonstrate a grounded knowledge of engineering principles in relation to
development infrastructure design work.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under pressure and to tight
- Confident in liaising with people at all levels