Strata Consulting are currently looking to recruit a Civil Technician to join a well established, award winning design consultancy based in Worcester. The company are currently going through a period of growth with projects being awarded, and have an urgent need for a Civil Technician to join their Civil Engineering team in Worcester.
The client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy who work predominantly on a mixture of residential, commercial, industrial and highways projects.
Working closely with the Senior Engineer, on a day-to-day basis you will be involved in preparing indicative drainage schemes, investigating SUDS options, liaising with clients, architects etc. undertaking the production of external works, drainage and highways construction design drawings, calculations and specifications for civil engineering schemes and preparing specifications in DMRB and NBS for highway works.
Our client believes people are the key focus in providing excellence in customer service, and take pride in the value they place on their employees.
This is a position where you can continue your professional development, applying your technical skills and positively affecting improvements in technical quality and service delivery.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Civil Technician within infrastructure and/or highway design
- Proficient with MicroDrainage and/or Civil 3D
- Producing infrastructure design calculations, drawings & specifications
- Strong working knowledge of Section 38 and 278, for highways
- Strong working knowledge of Section 104 and 106 for drainage
- Have excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Good understanding of UK Building Regulations, Design Standards, Codes of Practice and Health & Safety regulations
- HND or HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)