This client is a large multi disciplinary design consultancy.
The Civil Engineering team in London provide engineering services on projects within London and internationally, ranging from high quality public realm supporting office developments to large scale infrastructure projects and Citywide masterplans.
Within this contract position you will contribute to the design and preparation of deliverables associated with several our current projects.
You will be expected to contribute to engineering designs and prepare technical drawings, contribute to and draft reports and specifications on projects you’ll be involved in.
Depending on the specific project needs, you will typically be expected to
- Build good working relationships with the Civil Engineering team and those who we commonly work with within other company disciplines.
- Actively participate in technical discussions with team members.
- Take responsibility for the quality of your work, undertake checks and contribute to project technical reviews.
- Communicate confidently and be comfortable tailoring your approach to respond to the recipient’s needs and achieve the required outcome.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge/experience of Autodesk Civil 3D/AutoCAD (both 2d and 3d modelling);
- Experience of underground utility / services coordination;
- Experience of UK highway design standards / highway design knowledge
- Experience of drainage design / drainage modelling;
- Experience of working closely with others in a team environment;
- Experience of working on major multidisciplinary project(s);
- Confident and competent in coordinating and communicating with other
- disciplines and specialists.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5-years relevant experience; and
- Be able to work from our London office for a minimum of three days per week (once office capacity allows).