This role is working for one of the UK’s premier design consultancies on a site based just 1 hour from Edinburgh, as a Designers Site Representative for an embankment widening and piling project on the east coast mainline.
- Review of works in comparison with anticipated ground conditions and feedback to design team any observations;
- Review of monitoring results in real time and feedback results;
- Feedback to contractor on alignment of site works to design assumptions and agreed methodology;
- Record any variations to design.
What you need to succeed
- Familiarity with Network Rail standard clauses for Earthworks and Piling, SHW Earthworks and ICE piling specification
- Previous Site Representative/Geotechnical engineer with site experience on railway embarkment – must have Earth works experience.
- Umbrella company only – You cannot use your existing Limited company.
- Will need to pay for your own accommodation and travel.