This role is working for one of the UK’s premier design consultancies on a site based just 1 hour from Edinburgh, as a Designers Site Representative for an embankment widening and piling project on the east coast mainline.
Role is to include;
- review of works in comparison with anticipated ground conditions and feedback to design team any observations;
- review of monitoring results in real time and feedback results;
- feedback to contractor on alignment of site works to design assumptions and agreed methodology; and
- record any variations to design.
Overall the DSR is to provide real time design input / feedback to the works with back up from the office based design team.
Competences desired / beneficial would be:
- familiarity with Network Rail standard clauses for Earthworks and Piling, SHW Earthworks and ICE piling specification
To be applicable for this role you will:
- Need to have some previous Site Representative/Geotechnical engineer with site experience on railway embarkment – must have Earth works experience.
- Umbrella company only – You cannot use your existing Limited company.
- Will need to pay for your own accommodation and travel.