Our client is a well known multi disciplinary design consultancy that specialises in providing sustainable development infrastructure solutions from initial concept, through planning and delivery on site. A key element to the role will be the understanding and managing of the design process from inception to detail design and construction of new surface water management/flood alleviation projects, drainage strategies (foul and surface water inclusive of SuDS schemes) and producing and checking Flood Risk Assessments.
The Water Team specialises in providing advice to both public and private sectors clients on planning and design issues relating to the above.
- Day to day running of your own projects.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments, undertake conceptual and detail design of flood protection measures and drainage strategies, leading to planning applications or construction drawings.
- You can expect to be active on a number of projects / client accounts at any given time.
- You will be expected to mentor and develop junior engineers together with client facing.
- You will assist and separately produce fee proposals and verify work.
- Design of flood alleviation schemes, foul and surface water/SuDS systems using the WinDES software package.
- Preparation of complex foul and surface water drainage strategies (which incorporate SuDS techniques) to a detailed design standard (suitable for outline/detailed planning and s104 submission)
- Preparation of water chapters for Environmental Statement
What you need to succeed
- Degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate science or equivalent commercial experience and responsibility
- At least 5 Years experience in similar role
- Either have or be approaching CEng (MICE, or CIWEM) status or equivalent commercial experience
- Expert knowledge of WinDes software Package
- Experience in the use of Civil 3D or PDS with highways design and earthworks strategies would be an advantage
- MAP-Info and or QGIS experience would also be useful
- Project Management Experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Well versed in Current Policy and design guidance (NPPF, PPG, FWMA 2010, WIA 1991, LDA 1991, SuDS Manual, Sewerage Sector Guidance, Sewers for Adoption etc.)