Our clients’ London Flood Risk & Drainage team help clients successfully deliver high-profile estate regeneration projects, mixed-use urban developments, strategic land schemes, tall buildings, industrial & logistics facilities, rail, river enhancement and flood alleviation schemes across the UK.
They are seeking Senior or Principal Flood Risk Engineers with at least 4 years experience to produce Flood Risk Assessments for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, including sustainable drainage strategies for planning.
They also provide due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and carry out flood studies in the public sector.
- Acting as author of Flood Risk Assessments for a broad mix of private sector development and public sector flood risk management schemes
- Formulation of conceptual surface water drainage strategies incorporating SuDS and associated hydraulic calculations
- Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees
- Mentoring junior staff
- Writing clear and concise reports
What you need to succeed:
- Educated to at least degree level in an engineering, geography or environmental science related subject
- Minimum of four years of relevant consultancy experience
- Demonstrable track record in delivering proportionate Flood Risk Assessments and advice on development sites in the UK
- Graduate Membership of a relevant professional body, such as CIWEM or ICE and working towards Chartership.
- Ability to recognise and communicate flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites
- Ability to produce and review a wide range of FRAs and drainage strategies using MicroDrainage/InfoDrainage
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual
- Understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling principles, ideally with some experience with Tuflow, Flood Modeller and FEH
- Good financial control, project management and communication skills in a client facing role