Our client is a well known multi disciplined design consultancy who has offices all over the UK.
This companies Geosciences division are recruiting for a Geo-Environmental Engineer to join the team based in Exeter.
The role will be home-based, covering the South West, with occasional visits to the Exeter office.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. The company itself prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
- Participating in a variety of geo-environmental projects for both external clients and for other teams within the group.
- Assisting with ground investigations and desk studies;
- Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
- Experience of soil sampling plus water monitoring/sampling;
- Writing factual and interpretative reports;
- Geotechnical reporting requirements beneficial;
- Knowledge of contaminated land legislation and reporting requirements;
- Preparing factual site investigation data;
- Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed).
What you need to succeed:
- BSc or equivalent in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
- MSc desirable but not essential;
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional body with a longer term goal to move toward chartership with a relevant institution;
- Typically requires at least 1-4 years specific relevant experience;
- An understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, geotechnics;
- Basic knowledge of planning legislation;
- Experience of site inspections and reporting, preferably on residential developments;
- Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments to a basic level;
- Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
- Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
- In possession of full UK driving license
What’s on offer:
- Free life assurance cover
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care