Our client is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, who provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy, and industry sectors, and working with contractors, international monetary funds and developers.
They are involved in schemes at all stages of the life cycle including development; planning; detailed design; independent design checking; value engineering; technical advisory; and construction supervision services.
They are proud of their global track record, providing technical solutions for many complex infrastructure, energy, and industry projects. Their experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels.
- Undertake assignments in the UK and overseas, as directed, supporting the delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Assist in the implementation of best practice and procedures.
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability within the skill area as may be required to deliver the service offerings targeted for in each market sector.
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work product.
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery, and administration of Services.
- Ability to identify appropriate opportunities and prioritise efforts in securing these opportunities to achieve targets.
- Maximise fee income and utilisation.
- Monitor time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary.
- Uphold the Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Civil Engineering with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnically related subject from an accredited college or university.
- Preferably UK chartered, or nearly chartered, in a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical and engineering geological processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction, and advanced numerical modelling.
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes and other relevant national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies, and procedures.
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including deep and shallow foundations (vertical and lateral capacity, settlement), deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring.
- Ground investigation experience, including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation.
- Understands the standard basic engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating.
- Experience should include large scale (c.£100m+), high profile infrastructure projects, for a range of Clients in various construction markets.
- Geomorphologic, coastal, and maritime experience would be beneficial.
- Basic contractual knowledge and experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to use design skills to propose and deliver practical solutions to deadline.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels both internally and with external clients. Capable of presenting and producing written reports to a high standard.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances whilst maintaining a clear view of overall priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure deadlines are met, whilst delivering high quality work.
- Strong team work to contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams. Also, able to work independently to a high standard.
- Proficient in foreign languages (particularly French and Spanish) is an asset.
- Proficient in 2D finite element analysis software (e.g., PLAXIS, Z-soil).
- Experience in the use of geotechnical software (WALLAP, LPile, GPile, DPile, SlopeW, gINT, or equivalent).
- Excellent Microsoft Office Abilities (particularly Excel, C+++).
- 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools
- Self-motivated and committed, with a high degree of integrity.
- A team player who seeks to positively contribute to the working group with a collaborative attitude.
- Convincing in terms of a capacity to translate objectives into effective practical steps.
- Able to perform effectively within changing environments; demonstrates willingness and flexibility of availability to meet business needs.
- Demonstrates a strong need to achieve, setting high standards for self and others. Committed to the value of own role, takes initiative, and focuses on improving business performance.
- Commitment to own personal development.