Our client is looking for a Geotechnical engineer who is up for a challenge. You will be based in their Nottingham office with a hardworking and dedicated team. This opportunity will enhance your skills and knowledge whilst working for a multi-disciplinary and award-winning consultancy.
- To create professional and technically competent reports and rapport with specialists and clients.
- Preparing ground models and design parameters.
- Analysis of geotechnical structures or assessment / inspection of geotechnical assets or geological features.
- Providing support in all aspects of project delivery including and pairing with colleagues from other disciplines.
- Contributing to the performance of higher sustainability and use of 3D data in the project delivery.
- Using the newly developed geotechnical / engineering geology training framework in the development of both you and your colleagues at all grades.
What you need to succeed…
- Ambition to progress towards chartered status.
- A fundamental appreciation of ground risk and site investigation.
- A good grasp of basic soil mechanics and engineering / geological principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate high quality reports and design deliverables.
- Working knowledge of Eurocode 7 and UK annex design codes, ground investigation and construction contracts and specifications.
- Familiarity with geotechnical modelling and/or design software.
- Flexible/ hybrid working.
- Health and wellbeing programmes.
- Training and development schemes.
- Company organised social functions.
About Strata Consulting
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK. For further details please visit our website.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. job roles, location, salary to us.
We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search “Strata Construction Consulting”).
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.