Are you a graduate Geotechnical Engineer looking for a chance to progress and develop your skills and knowledge? If so, then this is the opportunity for you! Our trusted client is on the hunt for a graduate Geotechnical Engineer who will be based in their Nottingham office.
- To create professional and technically competent reports and rapport with specialists and clients.
- Preparing ground models and design parameters.
- Analysis of geotechnical structures or assessment / inspection of geotechnical assets or geological features.
- Maximise fee income and utilisation.
- Monitor time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary.
- Uphold the Company Health and Safety Policy across all activities.
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested.
What you need to succeed…
- Ambition to progress towards chartered status
- A fundamental appreciation of ground risk and site investigation.
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including deep and shallow foundations (vertical and lateral capacity, settlement), deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring.
- Ground investigation experience, including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision, interpretation.
- Understands the standard basic engineering work planning, scheduling, and cost estimating.
- A good grasp of basic soil mechanics and engineering principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to generate high quality reports and design deliverables.
About Strata Consulting
We are an Employment Agency specialising in the placement of contract and permanent staff in construction companies and design engineering consultancies across the UK. For further details please visit our website.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. job roles, location, salary to us.
We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search “Strata Construction Consulting”).
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.