Our client is an established multi-disciplinary consultancy looking to employ an experienced hydrologist to join our environmental department in Reading, Berkshire.
We are ideally looking for somebody that has at least 3+ years’ experience within a consultancy organisation.
- Undertake Flood Risk Analysis and produce Flood Risk Assessments (FRA) reports
- Using specialist computer modelling applications including (either of the following) HEC-RAS, Flood Modeler Pro, TUFLOW etc.
- Recording and analysing water resource systems data
- Employing statistical and hydrological modelling techniques
- Determining the most effective water management methods
- Assessing the impact of environmental changes and land use changes
- Predicting and monitoring rainfall, water yields and usage
- Liaising with clients, consultants, water regulators, researchers, external bodies, and other professionals
- Managing on-site data collection
- Forecasting floods
- Producing water and drought management plans
- Ensuring appropriate regulations are implemented
- Keeping up to date with scientific and technical developments
- Making presentations to stakeholders