We are currently seeking a Hydrologist with minimum of 2-years’ work experience to join our Clients Flood Risk and Hydrology Team on a permanent basis. This position will be based in our clients Bristol office.
You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse and interesting range of projects throughout the UK and across different sectors such as the residential, commercial, industrial, rail, education, and health sectors in the field of engineering, hydrology, environmental technology, renewable energy, and working with clients to achieve net zero sustainable solutions and outcomes. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in flood alleviation studies, river restoration, flood risk assessment, major infrastructure, and development work.
- Management and delivery of Flood Risk Assessment, SuDs schemes, etc.
- Undertaking hydrological analyses using FEH methods.
- Conducting hydraulic modelling and producing associated reports
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Organising and conducting site visits, attending team and client meetings
- Client and stakeholder liaison skills at all levels will be important.
- Undertaking extensive report writing.
What you need to succeed:
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng degree relevant to hydrology
- Chartered or working towards chartership (preferably CIWEM, ICE)
- 2 years + experience completing Flood Risk Assessments, hydrological assessments, drainage design and strategy, and hydraulic modelling using Flood Modeller Pro, HEC-RAS, or similar programme
- Demonstrable experience of the successful delivery of hydrology reports. The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients and so attention to detail, reliability, and good organisational skills are essential.
- Good knowledge and understanding of land development, the planning process, national planning policy and UK legislation.
- Strong CAD experience and GIS skills using Arc, MapInfo or QGIS.
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Awareness of current and emerging technical and planning guidance on the various areas of environmental sciences, hydrology / water environment and engineering, including issues of sustainability.
- Enthusiasm to develop new skills.
- Ability to manage your own workload and prioritise work appropriately,
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence as well as in teams.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Strong scientific and engineering knowledge in relation to hydrology.
- Experience in flood hydrology using FEH and other standard methodologies to support engineering design, river engineering, restoration/habitat improvement, flood alleviation schemes and surface water design on projects from pre planning stage all the way through to construction detail.
- Tendering/bid preparation experience
- Production of EIA Chapters
- Full driving license