Our client has opportunities for expansion to meet the current healthy forward workload generated by the impetus for growth in the UK within the commercial, retail, industrial and housing sectors.
The Infrastructure team of the Watford office operates from a state-of-the-art office situated close to Watford town centre and Watford Junction railway station, with easy access to the M1 and M25 motorways and easy commute links from London and the Home Counties.
The team specialises in providing sustainable development infrastructure solutions to mainly private sector clients in both the UK and overseas.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, a minimum of three years’ experience with an aspiration to gain ICE Incorporated or Chartered status, with internal and external training support provided.
- Experience in highway and drainage design with a working knowledge of UK design standards is needed, together with the ability to balance several projects and meet project timetables. We currently have a varied workload ranging from large scale logistics developments in the commercial sector and residential schemes of varying scales, from pre-planning through to construction so the candidate would need to show experience in highways, external works, flood risk and drainage at all stages for these types of projects.
- Private sector experience and a working knowledge in the use of Civils3D, together with Microdrainage, Autocad and Autotrack (vehicle swept path analysis) and Navisworks. PDS line and sign design experience would also be beneficial.
- Ability to liaise with client, design team and third party representatives, attend meetings and ultimately develop skills to enable management of projects.
- Proven report writing (FRA, drainage strategy, specification etc.) and communication skills will be required, together with an ability to work as part of a team.
What’s on offer
Competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits package for permanent staff which includes training opportunities, reimbursement of professional fees, contributory pension, personal health care plan and life insurance and interest free rail season ticket loan.