This role offers an excellent opportunity to develop towards an Associate role and be a key part of the senior management team of the business. You will gain a breadth of experience and develop through daily exposure to a wide range of projects and clients. Our clients’ partners are skilled and experienced in supporting engineers to achieve chartership if you are not already chartered.
• Competitive starting salary with annual salary review
• 25 days’ holiday
• Option to buy additional holiday or sell holiday not used plus additional holiday based on length of service
• Annual bonus scheme
• Support with ICE Professional Development to Chartership level and professional fees paid
• Company pension scheme with independent pension advice service
• Employee Assistance Programme giving you free access to counselling and advice in legal, financial and personal matters
• Management, leadership, support and coaching of a team ranging from apprentices to experienced civil engineers.
• Liaising with clients for project delivery, relationship, and new business development
• Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health, and leisure developments.
• Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
• Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
• Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
• Site audits and feasibility assessments.
What you need to succeed…
• A relevant degree plus 5+ years’ experience in a civil engineering role
• Broad experience in writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
• Experience in preparing drawings using AutoCAD and design of foul and surface water drainage systems using Microdrainage
• Some experience carrying out vehicle swept path assessments using AutoTrack.
• Knowledge of ground modelling software for the design of horizontal / vertical alignment, earthworks, etc.