Do you have a desire to protect the environment for the future? Do you want to kick start 2-024 and work with an employer who will support and develop your knowledge to make you an expert Flood Modeller? Ware keen for you to bring your passion and experience to take an active role in helping to successfully deliver development projects in accordance with the NPPF. This including sustainable drainage strategies for planning, due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and carry out flood studies in the public sector.
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews.
• 26 days holiday per year
• Hybrid working arrangements.
• Fantastic training and development culture.
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts.
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects.
• ICE Training Agreement and support in other technical qualifications.
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities.
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates.
• Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual
• Good knowledge of the water industry in both the public and private sectors
• River engineering and restoration experience would be beneficial.
• Good financial control, project management and communication skills in a client facing role.
• Experience mentoring junior staff.
• Ability to write clear and concise reports.
• 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, particularly Flood Modeller and Tuflow
• Hydrology, in particular the Flood Estimation Handbook and ReFH2 and WINFAP
• Leading bids in the private and ideally public sectors
• Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites
• Producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and ideally drainage strategies using MicroDrainage / InfoDrainage