Do you have a desire to protect the environment for future generations, with an employer who will support and develop your knowledge to make you an expert Flood Risk Engineer?
If so, we are eager to hear from you.
With at least 6 years previous experience, we are keen for you to bring your passion and experience to take an active role in helping our client to successfully deliver Flood Risk Assessments for development projects in accordance with the NPPF, including sustainable drainage strategies for planning and also due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and carry out flood studies in the public sector.
The work includes a wide variety of projects, such as high-profile estate regeneration projects, mixed-use urban developments, strategic land schemes, tall buildings, industrial & logistics facilities, highways, rail, river enhancement and flood alleviation schemes across the UK where flood risk is a key aspect of a development.
Day to day activity will be different and exciting, allowing you to use your skills in a variety of ways that will improve your knowledge and contribute towards the success of the services on offer, such as:
- Acting as author of Flood Risk Assessments for a broad mix of private sector development and public sector flood risk management schemes.
- Formulation of conceptual surface water drainage strategies incorporating SuDS and associated hydraulic calculations.
- Attending meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and statutory and non-statutory consultees.
- Recognising and communicating flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites.
- Producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and drainage strategies using MicroDrainage/InfoDrainage.
- Good knowledge of the planning system, in particular policy and guidance including the NPPF and SuDS Manual.
- Understanding of hydrological and hydraulic modelling principles, ideally with some experience with Tuflow, Flood Modeller and FEH.
- Good financial control, project management and communication skills in a client facing role.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Writing clear and concise reports.
Our client have built very strong relationships supporting both the private and public sectors in achieving their flood risk goals. They are at the forefront of understanding flood risk and flood modelling and have a strong brand name within the industry.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews.
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Fantastic training and development culture.
- Access to mentoring support from industry experts.
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects.
- ICE Training Agreement and support in gaining other technical qualifications.
- Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities.
- Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates.