The role would suit an experienced Senior Engineer looking to gain further management experience, or a Principal Engineer looking for a change in responsibility, or a shift in project exposure. In terms of responsibilities, you will be acting as a Principal Civil Engineer, so management and supervision of engineers is the primary focus.
You will take individual responsibility and manage production of design deliverables for projects, input and reporting in client and internal meetings. Instructing, supervising and checking design input from junior staff as well as mentoring and supporting their professional development and training, specifically in aspects of highways design and Civils 3D.
You must be competent in delegating workloads and overseeing design in Highway/infrastructure design projects. Furthermore, you must be confident in a client-facing role, as you will be attending client and design meetings to ensure technical deliverables are produced in line with client expectations. You will also be responsible for preparing feasibility studies, written reports, calculations, and troubleshooting problems which may occur during design and construction phases.
What you need to succeed:
- You should be a qualified professional with HNC/degree in Civil Engineering or similar related construction qualification, with incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer (or near) status from ICE or CIHT preferred for the principal role
- Experience gained in a highway design related field, preferably with experience of working on development infrastructure projects
- You should have a broad highways design background with all round knowledge and experience of the design of highways projects to the DMRB. High level of demonstrable proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD and working within a BIM environment for project delivery/ ideally with highways
- Experience working within a collaborative design environment. On larger projects experience of using design protocols and common data environments and project extranets
- Providing a point of call to assist in the instruction, supervision and mentoring of other team members on highways design / Civils 3D
- Be an enthusiastic and diligent individual who likes a challenge and is willing to learn, good communication skills, a collaborative approach and a proven ability to deliver work on time
- Able to apply your experience and skills to produce design and engineering solutions whilst being flexible to adapt to and manage challenging and changing priorities
What’s on offer:
- we will give you all the opportunities and support you need to turn your determination in to obtaining new design skills, rewarding achievements, recognised technical qualifications and, of course, a thrilling career.