Our client is an established Civil & Structural engineering consultancy, and they are looking for a Principal Structural Engineer to join them in their office in St Albans on a permanent basis to deal with a wide variety of projects in the Residential, Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Educational sectors and more.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 9 years’ previous experience of leading and motivating a structures team.
What you need to succeed
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- Chartered Engineer within a relevant institution (MIStructE or MIEI) or working towards Chartered status,
- Significant amount of experience managing the whole preliminary design process of projects,
- Working history of production of design schemes from draft to full coordinated layouts,
- Experience working on a range of building structures projects, ideally in the retail, industrial or commercial sectors,
- Experience working with all common construction materials,
- Excellent client facing and some business development skills,
- Experience of leading and motivating a team,
- Excellent knowledge of both British & Euro-Codes of Practice for Design and H&S
Your role will be varied as you will be taking responsibility for the design & running of your own projects and attending design & client meetings where necessary, therefore excellent communication skills are essential.