A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our clients growing structures team in a firm who pride themselves on offering first-class civil and structural design on a wide variety of projects both throughout the UK and internationally.
The skilled and experienced Principal Structural Engineer will play a pivotal role in the growth and development of their structural engineering team.
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the agreed budget,
- Prepare design programmes for the production of deliverables,
- Liaise with clients design teams and contractors as representative of the Civil and Structural Engineering Team
- Act as lead or sole designer, as appropriate to size of the particular project,
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects,
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, etc as required in connection with the running of projects,
- Undertake surveys and inspections and produce written reports in good English on findings with appropriate recommendations,
- A degree in civil or structural engineer,
- A Chartered engineer, Member of Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers,
- Significant experience on building structures projects in UK,
- Experience in a team leader role,
- Involved in marketing and securing new work,
- Considerable experience of running projects,
- Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber,
- Experience of refurbishment and change of use,
- Proficient in the use of analysis and design software.