Are you a Project Civil Engineer looking for a new opportunity?
Our client is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, land quality, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas.
- Work as part of a team and report to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects.
- Assist in the risk assessment of design in accordance with CDM Regulations, and the production of project specifications and method statements.
- Assume responsibility for the design of elements of medium and large projects reporting to a Senior Engineer or Associate.
- Be conversant with the practice Quality Management System and ensure document control of the elements/projects undertaken is maintained.
- Agree with the Associate and work to such timescales agreed to produce design information.
- Attend meetings, lead on civil aspects, undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of civil works, and prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Preparing Designs, reports, and specifications for a diverse mixture of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects covering residential, retail, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Liaise with team and other disciplines.
- Ensure timesheets and expenses are updated within Rapport on a minimum weekly basis.
What you need to succeed:
- BEng, MEng, or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Working towards chartership status.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design in accordance with all relevant Codes of Practice.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness. Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co- professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties, and insurances.
- You should possess a good working knowledge of relevant current codes of practice, regulations, and industry guidance.
- Experience in WinDes, Autodesk Civils 3D, NBS, Rapport and Report Writing
About Strata Consulting
At Strata, we are a recruitment consultancy working in the engineering and construction industry, in placement of permanent and contract vacancies.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e., job roles, location, salary to us. We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search “Strata Construction Consulting”).
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications.
Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.