Our client is an award winning engineering consultancy specialising in structural and civil design. They offer a broad range of services within the construction industry, covering all sectors including commercial, education, industrial, hotel and leisure, medical, residential, restoration, civil and retail.
- Undertaking design and analysis of structures whilst working as part of a team of engineers and technicians to deliver projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction.
- Whilst this role is office based there will also be some opportunity to work from home.
What you need to succeed
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ design experience post-graduation.
- An aspiration to achieve chartership status in the future would be desirable.
- Experience in all principal sectors, particularly residential, commercial, education and industrial, having familiarity with all key forms of construction.
- Ability to design structures in all traditional materials (timber, steel, concrete & masonry).
- Ability to work on projects of various sizes from small scale residential to multi-storey frames of varying form of construction.
- Experience in a range on different projects across all key sectors.
- Excellent communication skills being comfortable with a client-facing role, attending design team and site meetings.
- Excellent coordination skills to work with architects and other principal consultants to ensure the right design solution.
- Ability to work with technicians to ensure designs are clearly communicated and conveyed on the project drawings and be able to review and check drawings prior to final sign off by the senior project engineer.
- Be proficient in the use of software packages including, but not necessarily limited to, TEDDS, Tekla Structural Designer and Fastrak
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with BIM Level 2 would be advantageous.