Are you a driven Civil Engineering professional with a heavy Highways background looking for an exciting opportunity in Manchester?
With national offices and support from established engineering teams, and working alongside professionals from all other disciplines, you will develop a comprehensive view of the construction industry, whilst being involved with residential and commercial developments.
• Life Assurance, Income Protection, Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme, flexible choice of Critical Illness Insurance
• Physical – Free Private Medical Insurance, Doctor at Hand Private GP, Best Doctors, flexible choice of Dental Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Mental Health First Aiders
• Car allowance and bonus scheme
• Flexible / Hybrid working
• Tailored career development
• Leading and growing the Civil Engineering Highways discipline in Manchester
• Manage existing clients and develop further highways design opportunities with local authorities and contractors.
• Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
• Be responsible for delivering work to a pre-agreed budget.
• Project profitability (monitoring / planning of costs and budgets)
• Responsible for negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees
• Construct teams from internal and external resources
• Lead the technical development of the group
• Look to grow the group on the back of new and repeat clients.
• Be responsible for resourcing and delivering to a financial target.
• Oversight of the team’s work to a high standard
• To ensure that the business generates and sustains profitable sources of income that are serviced to a standard that meets the requirements of the client and the internal standards of the Partnership.
• Experience with managing and developing a Civil Engineering Highways team/discipline.
• Experience with designing a wide range of Highways projects from conception through to completion (including calculations, drawings, and specifications), whilst demonstrating commercial awareness
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment.
• You will have the technical skills, knowledge, and experience to find creative solutions for even the most complex challenges and the ability to communicate these clearly to all parties.