This global design consultancy is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering company. They are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. They maintain a firm ethos and family culture which has allowed the business to operate across all barriers, always focused to achieve best for project, and best for our people.
Due to continuing growth within the organisation, we are seeking to expand our Infrastructure Team by expanding the dedicated resources in this area. The opportunity is working with a high performing, service-oriented and collaborative team.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the London Office. This is an exciting time for this award winning multi disciplinary design consultancy, as they go through continual expansion and have a full portfolio of landmark buildings and infrastructure projects which presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Undertaking preliminary and detailed design for infrastructure related projects including bridges, footbridges, retaining walls, culverts, station boxes and other rail and road related structures.
- Responsible of the preparation of the project approval documents with organisations like Network Rail or High Speed 2.
- Assessing existing structures (rail or road infrastructure), from initial inspection for assessment to delivery of repairs.
- Undertaking Category 3 Checks of third parties’ structural designs.
- Leading site inspections, responsible for Health and Safety documentation and completion of trainings as required.
- Using tools to measure and, where possible, actively reduce carbon output, considering sustainability at all stages of design.
- Proactively and ethically motivating and leading project teams to deliver superior outcomes.
- Commercial support to team leaders by collecting, preparing and compiling fee proposals, variations or invoices. Including NEC3 or 4 contract management specific tasks.
- Supporting the career planning, mentoring and training of more junior team members.
- Supervising other colleagues under your direction and offering pro-active advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Compliance with and overseeing implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Growing the automation and coding skills via in-house and in-project learning.
What you need to succeed:
- BEng or MEng (Hons).
- Ideally Chartered Status or completion of training attributes with ICE or IStructE.
- Relevant structural engineering experience, especially in the rail or highways environment. Ideally bridge design experience.
- Experience on project approval processes for Network Rail, High Speed 2 and/or Transport for London.
- NEC contract management experience.
- Site experience on a rail environment, PTS training is desirable.
- CSCS card.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership to project teams.
- Coding experience.
- Software used: Lusas and Strand7, alternatively Etabs or Midas; Python.
What’s on offer:
This award winning multi-disciplinary design consultancy are a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.