Due to a healthy increase in workload, we are currently looking to appoint a Civil Design Engineer to join the Civils Team in our office in Bristol.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning residential, commercial, industrial, and retail sectors.
- Leading the civil engineering design on projects in the office from small to large.
- Design of infrastructure for commercial, retail, residential and education sectors including SuDS drainage systems, buildups for roads and hard landscaping schemes in London and throughout the UK.
- Liaison with statutory bodies such as Thames Water, Local Highways Departments, Local Authority SuDS Officers, Environment Agency.
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software such as Windes MicroDrainage, Civils 3D / PDS and AutoCAD.
- Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Liaise and lead in a professional manner colleagues, clients, contractors, and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to their work.
- Work on projects with consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and timetables.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in civil engineering.
- Chartered or near Chartered status (MICE).
- Varied experience in the use of: Sewers for Adoption, 7th Edition; CIRIA SuDS Manual; The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF); DMRB /SHW;
- Design of roads for Section 38 / 278 works;
- Design of drainage for S104, S185 and S106 approval;
- Software experience – Microdrainage, Autocad (inc Civils 3D & Vehicle Tracking)
- Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills required.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients and has a clear vision for innovation. We offer a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with a benefits package.