You will have already been successful in delivering a range of Civil Engineering projects in the public and private sector and will have 5+ years experience in a consultancy environment.
You will report to the Principal Engineer for your team and will have responsibility for the successful technical and commercial execution of project work, including managing personnel and resources. You will be highly skilled, a good communicator and able to develop relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
- Undertaking complex analysis and design calculations
- Assisting with resource planning for effective project delivery and financial management
- Providing guidance and checking work of other engineers and technicians
- Understanding and implementing business management systems
- Assisting with the preparation and review of proposals and tenders
- Assist with the training and appraisal of technical staff
What you need to succeed
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or alternative equivalent practical experience
- Near Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, Member of ICE or other relevant institution
- 5+ years experience in a consulting environment
- Knowledge of UK structural engineering design standards and Eurocodes
- Proven ability in engineering design & reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence