Our client is a successful consultancy who are involved in working with developers ranging from single plots to national housebuilders and have a well-established reputation for being able to deliver projects.
To take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly. Preparing outlined and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services. Producing technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others. Liaising with clients, project teams and local authorities. Working out of their London office.
What you need to succeed
- Qualified to a minimum of degree level in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years’ post-qualification UK experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, and MicroDrainage, for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with Section agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
What’s on offer
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme, and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
They have a friendly and supportive working environment, including flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.