Our client is a well-known multi-disciplinary design consultancy, who are passionate about solving civil & structural engineering problems in the most economic, practical and environmentally sensitive way. Due to the expansion of their Civils team, they are now recruiting for a Senior Civil Engineer.
They believe business is about people and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction giving great service provides. With their focus on customer service, they value long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our clients and fellow professionals, above short-term gain.
What you need to succeed
- Experience of working within a Civil Engineering department.
- Experience leading a team of Civil Engineering technicians or junior engineers.
- Demonstrable experience in developing drawing packages for S104 and S185 drainage packages.
- Demonstrable experience using Civils 3D in modelling access roads and car parks for residential & commercial properties, from single dwellings to large residential developments.
- Demonstrable experience using Civils 3D in S278 Highway Alignments, S38 Road Design, Earthworks Design and modelling simple car park/Access Road Arrangements.
- Be proficient in the use of Civils 3D to perform modelling tasks without necessarily having advanced Highways/Roads Geometric Modelling knowledge, although possession of such would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in producing Civil Engineering SuDS drainage & pavement packages (drawings + reports) for residential, care homes, and commercial sites for planning approval.
- Demonstrable experience in producing detailed Civil Engineering SuDS drainage & pavement packages for residential, care homes, and commercial sites for construction, and dealing with site technical queries.
- Competent in producing Flood Risk Assessment reports with minimal supervision.
- Competent in AutoCAD and production of scaled drawings.
- Good problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent Team Player.
- Ability to consult for and understand Geometric Parameters and Standards to be used for each project, and using the information to model roads/car parks/ponds etc in accordance to the set standards.
- Exporting 2D and 3D information/CAD Xrefs from the models for inclusion in drawings.
- Helping the Junior Engineer / CAD Technician in completing a package of drawings for a project by providing essential 3D Cad Xrefs.
- Producing Setting Out Drawings and Setting Out Report based on developed 3D model.
- Use Civils 3D in optimizing Earthworks Balance, working with both civils and structures colleagues, and compiling an Earthworks Report.
- Production of Earthworks Drawings to provide instruction to the contractor on how to carry out earthworks on site.
- Understanding the use of MHCW series 100 to 3000 in creating structures Civils drawing packages for schemes.
- Additional responsibilities may include attending site meetings with one of our Engineers or Senior Technicians to complete surveys or attend design team meetings as required.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects throughout the UK, a great working environment, working with a successful and growing team to produce innovative, value added projects for a range of client types.
This role is outside IR35