Due to a healthy and expanding workload are client is expanding! The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
• Preparation of highway and drainage design with a working knowledge of UK design standards is needed, together with the ability to balance several projects and meet project timetables.
• We currently have a varied workload ranging from large scale logistics developments in the commercial sector and residential schemes of varying scales, from pre-planning through to construction so the candidate would need to show experience in highways, external works, flood risk and drainage at all stages for these types of projects.
• Production of designs that can be incorporated to BIM Level 2 status would be beneficial, with the ability to undertake 3D coordination with the design team to ensure that internal project work can be released in IFC or similar format to the required site grid systems.
• The successful candidate would be encouraged to develop skills in liaison with client, design team and third party representatives, attend meetings and ultimately develop skills to enable management of projects.
• Report writing skills (FRA, drainage strategy, specification etc.) would be required.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• A minimum of four+ years’ experience with an aspiration to gain ICE Incorporated or Chartered status, with internal and external training support provided..
• Candidates should have private sector experience and a working knowledge in the use of Civils3D, together with Microdrainage, Autocad and Autotrack (vehicle swept path analysis) and Navisworks.
• PDS line and sign design experience would also be beneficial.
• Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
• Good communication skills across disciplines
• Clean driving licence