We are looking for a Flood Risk / Drainage Consultant to join our team, based in Manchester. The successful candidate is likely to have 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, with the ability to plan, deliver and manage workload to ensure delivery of multiple design projects to tight deadlines.
The role requires a confident and experienced engineer that can take lead responsibility for day-to-day running of projects, supporting clients and delivering positive outcomes.
Qualities and Attributes:
• Bachelors (or Masters) Level Degree in relevant field. Ideally working towards chartered status
• An enthusiastic approach to professional work and a ‘can-do’ attitude
• Proficient with the use of AutoCAD
• Significant Experience of 3D modelling software for Highway Design (preferably PDS)
• High level knowledge and experience in the use of drainage design software (Microdrainage and / or Causeway Flow)
• Solid working knowledge and experience of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) designs and standards
• Consultancy experience working in the UK development sector
• Excellent communicator with ability to answer technical queries from Clients and Contractors
• Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to be confident and pro-active in liaising with clients, local authorities, and wider stakeholders.
• Good understanding of latest sewerage sector guidance and legislation
• Significant experience of progressing technical submissions through to approvals from relevant authorities for inclusion within Section 38, 278 and 104 Agreements.
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible working / hybrid working
• Positive work-life balance
• Training and Professional Development opportunities